Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sacrifice to Salvation

I've sacrificed myself for the greater good
To make everyone around me stronger
But things didnt turn out like they should
So I cannot go on no longer.

I've acted out the weak part
So other's can feel strong
Self-damaging dedication tore my heart
And it all enden wrong

I've played an asshole to strangers few
And let them push me away
It strengthens them anew
Their path is no longer astray.

People feel stronger in teams
But that needs a common conclusion
Nothing is as it always seems
I've brought you together in illusion.

My selfasteem has died
And I feel alone
I'd lie if I never cried
Life painted darker tone.

I was about to take the final decision
When you came along
You saw straight through my vision
We were singing the same song.

Now I'm devoted
To someone that actually gives back
Words are meant, not emoted
She takes me back on track

No comments:

Post a Comment