Monday, January 3, 2011

Stuck and crushed by lies

I was taught to be one way
To cloak my fear and hide
Strong in rumours I aimed to stay
Fake smile, tear down my side.

Feeling it's too late
In loneliness I'm stuck
When I let feelings inflate
I'm all out of luck

When one only shows strength
Distance taken by fear
Will seem like ignorance
And pain shifts up a gear

Being too weak to tell the truth
I let people paint that picture of me
Now that it has ruined my youth
It's too late to make everyone see

There's no energy or time
To make everyone else understand
My thoughts become poetry and rhyme
Opened link from heart to hand

Loneliness has always been an issue
Created by the curse of being someone I'm not
It left me crying, taking another tissue
Locked in a shell to rot

I'm done hiding
It's time for the real to show
No more social-based-deciding
In truth and time I'll grow

No comments:

Post a Comment